Hello! Hello! Building a raised garden has many advantages and can be build many different ways. Today we are going to show you how to make a keyhole garden.
What is a keyhole garden?
A keyhole garden is a simple way of growing your vegetables and recycling your kitchen waste in the same place. A great advantage with this method of growing food is you don't need much space.
Also if you live in the hot climate this vegetable gardening method is even more beneficial for you as it is more drought tolerant than a conventional garden bed.
Other benefits of a keyhole garden:
- A centre compost basket provides nutrients regularly to your plants
- By having a heat drawing outer wall materials your soil can be warmer than outside the beds
- Garden has a great access to harvest from all sides
- Easy to harvest garden by being high of the ground
- Using recycled materials to build your keyhole garden makes it very affordable - you can use what ever materials available at home e.g. bricks, rocks, timber, bamboo, sheeting etc.
- If you have pets, this garden system protects more your plants from trampling pets
To show you how much fun growing your own food can be, I found this great video on How To Make An African Style Raised Bed from Send A Cow .
So what do you think? Are you ready to start your own keyhole garden yet? Let us know what you think in the box below and please share this post if you found it helpful :-)